Sunday

It doesn't really matter, but I thought that I would fall into the 'let's publicise the blog' trick. So I googled and found a number of sites that were supposed to help you publicise your blog and so I did all the necessary stuff, added html code to my blog, added adsense codes and similar, changed my home page, clicked on over a hundred blogs. Pinged this and pinged that. I saw some great blogs, that is true, and some truly awful ones. Many many blogs about Iraq and American politics, most of which didn't atract my attention, few blogs kept my attention beyond 10 seconds, hardly any blogs had me reading below what was initially displayed on the first screen. There is a lot out there, but little of it is of interest to anything more than a closed or select group, and I know that my blog falls into that category. C'est la vie.
The effect on my traffic was nil, no extra viewers, readers or subscribers.
That is of no surprise to me, like all these schemes offering ways to make money that are little more than falsehoods and lies, the schemes to increase traffic and make money at the same time seem the same, a different twist, but still the same.
It seems that 'Adult' sites have the most traffic, and if you want publicity or to make money, your chances increase if you go that route.
It seems therefore that my traffic will stay at the levels it is, I shan't take this blog the adult way.

No comments:

Post a Comment