Thursday

Couple of different subject matters for todays post. Wry Interest and Health. First the wry interest:
Well, I thought that nothing much would take me by surprise, in a pleasant way. This standard from the British Standards Institute BS 6008 proved me wrong. ISO 3103 would appear to be the same standard but regulated by the International Organization for Standardization. I suppose if I stop and think about it logically it shouldn't really suprise me, but I always supposed that 'Standards' would be more for things like bricks, or glass or other tangible objects and measures. I suspect that this is my failing and not that of the standards organisations. In reality anything that could be made in a repetitive process should have a standard methodology, it just never occurred to me that a cup of tea was any such thing.
ISO 6668 then gives us a standard for preparing coffee, and I should imagine that any number of odd things that we do day in and day out can also fall under the auspices of the standards bodies.
Okay, off to check ISO6668, I'm a tad thirsty.

Now the Health:
Just come back from the GP. Good news and bad. The blood sugars have stabilised at between 7 and 8 prior to eating and he is happy about that (as I am !), BP still a little high at an average of 150/90, and I am suffering weight gain (1 stone added in 4 weeks)as a side effect of the Avandamet. A bit of fine tuning and so an Update on my daily meds.

  • Avandamet (4mg rosiglatazone, 1000mg metformin) twice daily
  • xenical (120mg orlistat) thrice daily (New for me!)
  • aspirin 75mg mornings
  • perindopril 4mg mornings
  • amlopidine 5mg mornings
  • doxazosin 4mg night
  • simvastatin 20mg night
  • oxycodone 5mg twice daily (pain killers at last!!!!!! :-) )

  • Net result of all the meds is a general feeling of queasyness, an 'upset tummy' most of the time, some cracking headaches and let's just describe me as 'loose'. But the upside is that the Blood Sugars are under control and the BP is down from where it was, ( i was getting 200+ over 100+), that has to be good for my long term health. It'll be interesting to see how things go with the fine tuning that the new meds will bring. My GP also managed to get my opthalmic appointment bought forward at the local hospital, and now I have an appoinment tomorrow. Now that is what I call service.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment