Monday

All the NATO Phonetic words are in the following short story, which is 300 words long exactly. It was written for a competition to encourage good communication skills.

“Oh Papa” Juliet cried, “You know that Romeo and his brother, Oscar, are on their way here from India to continue the dance training. Oscar has your duty free whiskey, which was a bit difficult for him to carry considering he is travelling in his Salvation Army uniform. You must see him, Papa, you must, though I love Romeo dearly, I can’t bear that awful dance.”
“Juliet, my child, hush now” Mike replied, “Victor has already telephoned and informed me that I need to get to the Delta Meridian Hotel in Quebec to meet Charlie for a round of golf, assuming the X-ray on my leg is clear that is. Dancing lessons with Oscar are out of the question.”
“Papa, you should consider suing Charlie, that silly Yankee, for dropping that kilo weight on your foot. You have been in plaster since November and I want you well for the wedding.”
“Your Momma echo’s that view Juliet, but it would be bad for business. We do so much business on the golf course, and Charlie is key to that. I really value his contacts, suing him would not be in our best interests, and anyway it was only a small break and soon healed”
“Oh Papa, I shall still have to Foxtrot with Romeo at the wedding.”
“You do not have to suffer anything my precious. I shall send you to Lima to practice the Tango, you can stop off at Sierra Leone on the way, I need to get the Zulu Chief’s agreement on the Alpha Project and he is there for an African Business Unity conference. You can flatter him into a signature for me, and then go off to Lima. We can then let Romeo know you two will Tango at your wedding. Perfect”
“Bravo papa, Bravo!”

No comments:

Post a Comment