Tuesday

Back into the office yesterday for the first time in 2 months. It was quite strange, but good to see everyone again. But Lordy Lordy, after 5 hours I was completely shattered. My arms felt bruised, very odd.
Disquieting reading in the internet today about the new drug regime that my Doctor put me on. According to Washington Post there are side affects with Avandamet that are scary. The data sheet for Avandamet Avandamet also lists a strange side effect - Unexpected Injury. What the hell is that? I never knowingly injure myself, and I am sure that virtually all my injuries over the years have been unexpected.
Despite the scares and the concerns I can report that since dropping 500mg metformin + gliclazide and going onto Avandamet (1000mg Metformin and 4mg of Rosiglitazone) my blood glucose levels are averaging higher at 5.9 rather than 5.3 and the SD is higher at 1.2. Mode value also increased from 5.9 to 6.2. The spread of readings has gone down from 6.4 to 4.1
So I can expect fewer complications and a gradual settling. I have not had a Hypo since moving to the new regime, and my eyes do seem more settled and less prone to variation across the day.
But having had reported reduced liver function (partially the reason for giving up alcohol)and sharp chest pains, reading the Washington post report is unsettling! I have added 5lb to my weight since going on to Avandamet, and that is in only two weeks. But I guess that the risks and side effects of the Avandamet far outweigh the risks of untreated diabetes.
I shall live long!

No comments:

Post a Comment