Saturday

Well now, sometimes things seem so obvious that they don't get told, and then when they are reported as news it seems like 'non news. The BBC have a report on their site (CLICK HERE) about the MED Diet and how it may help prevent type two diabetes. Now I know that the testing was not really a map onto real diabetic age groups, but, has no-one read the report that I read about a year ago about how much lower the incidences of type 2 are in some areas of the med? I wish I could find the original report. It didn't really help me, I am not fat, have a lot of fruit and olive oil in my diet yet I am still Type 2. But then those of us that are the exceptions probably prove the rule.

I have been lined up for an interview with a reporter from the beeb because of my 'Its not just a fat persons disease' stance, so I will hopefully be able to balance the views a little.

Another of the so obvious it didn't need saying until someone said it was on another report I saw at the BBC website (CLICK HERE) As we get older we need more care, especially us diabetics, and we are not, aparantly, getting the right care. It seems that we get more frail as we get older (der!) and perhaps diabetes causes an increased fraility. Hello, it's a chronic condition, just ask a diabetic how they feel. I recall that when the diabetes came on, I have never felt so ill and so old. In fact, looking back, the clues were there. In the 12 months prior to it 'coming out', I was beginning to really 'feel my age'. Now that I am stabilised and living with 20 odd tablets a day, I actually feel like I did 10 years ago, so that 'feeling your age' thing is a load of old tosh.

AND FINALLY, well I guess that I am better off having changed from the aspartme laden diet colas to the Sainsbury's cola which doesn't use aspartme, but my urine is a lovely shade of burnt umber now!

No comments:

Post a Comment