Monday

I hope that soon the meds and my bod stabilise, I can tell you that they sure as hell haven't just yet. I am down to 15st12lb, which is a move in the right direction, still at least 14lb to go before I am happy.
What a fuss there has been in the media this week over Goody and her covern of bullies. Looking at it all, I think that the media have proved themselves to be more racist that Goody was. Let me explain. Whilst it has been over 40 years since I was at school and experienced a similar thing, I can still vividly remember being the victim of similar behavious. It wasn't because of my skin, it was that a small physical blemish made me different. Couple that with the fact that be roots were (from generations before me) in the [working] class and I then lived in a nice middle class suburbia, and you can begin to see the similarities. One loud mouth who knows no better yet for some freak of genetisicm is able to hold attention and sway people around, and then talk so loud and gives no opportunity for defence can soon command a baying mob. That is exactly what Goody did in big brother, and C4 (the broadcaster) should have controlled it, but didn't, didn't because initially they just saw it as ratings.
Many racially sensitive people viewed it more as overt racism than ugly bullying, and rather than describe it for what it ws, the media seized on a hot potato and rode the racism train. It is sad that Goody can now defend her self against being a racist by being 'mixed' race herself, rather than having to defend herslef for ugly and despicable bullying for which she has, and can have, no defence.
Her two covern cohorts whould be afforded the pleasures of a public baying, and personally I hope that all three never grace our screens or printed media ever again.
It is a pity that if that does happen it will be for the wrong reason (racism) and not the real reason which pervades society (bullying).
But then we brits have been bullying the world for centuries. We will seemingly never learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment