Friday

The more I think of the events recently where I was offered a position in a local company, only to have the offer withdrawn a few days later, the more ridiculous it sounds. I was offered the position by a Director, after the position had gone through the companies HR department and had then been passed to a recruitment agency. After being interviewed by the agency and then by a manger in the company, I had my session with the director, during which I discussed my medical condition of diabetes, and the Director showed no concern at the time and the position was subsequently offered.
Now the offer was withdrawn a few days later and the reason given was that the US arm of the company had not given approval for the vacancy. I find it incredible that a company the size of the one that I am talking about can require overseas approval for local junior positions. I even offered to work as a team member with a view to getting the Supervisory role if and when it was approved, this was not acceptable. May be it is paranoia, maybe not, but I really cannot believe the reason I was given. It feels to me much more like second thoughts after considering my health situation.
Well that is their loss. They have lost some one vastly over experienced to do the role, who would have been a great asset to the company, and who was looking to stay long term and establish a new career.

I am now attending my local pain clinic at the hospital and going through various ways of better dealing with chronic pain. You might think that having had constant pain since being a teenager, I would be well versed with dealing with it by now, but I still think that there are new tricks to learn, and I am not an old dog yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment