Thursday

I've been in London for the last two days. On business, and very fruitful it was too. So yes I am settling into the new job nicely and actually I am very glad I am working in South Wales and not Aztec West. I have travelled my Journey to and from the office on 7 occasions now, and on 4 of them their have been major problems around Aztec West and the M5. I have diverted up the Welsh side of the river before I hit the trouble zone and so have only been delayed by the A40 roadworks in Gloucester that SHOULD HAVE FINISHED BY NOW!!!!!!!! But not delayed by the M5 snarl ups, as I would have been had I taken a position in Aztec West or Bristol. The M5 around Bristol is either a trouble black spot, or has just been incredibly unlucky in the past two weeks. It was a pleasant change sitting on a train and being able to do work on the laptop as I travelled to (and from) work, rather than sitting on the motorway and just having dead time as I travel to and fro.

I shan't say where or why I was where I was, but it was very interesting......

...... but I had awful news whilst I was away, Yvonne ( Who Shall Be Revered At ALL Times ), and Hannah ( her Trainee ) were both left out of work by the collapse of Amethyst Motor Company. The really bad part is that it was the day before payday and so they worked a month for nothing, but for me, what was so bad was the fact that I was over 100 miles away and couldn't be at home on their worst day for years, possibly their worst day since we have been together. A lot has been said about the collapse of Amethyst Motor Company, but I think that the fact that none of the directors seemingly had any motor trade experience probably points towards the root cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment