Monday

Well that was a surprise. I've just appeared on the BBC website (click here). It follows an interview I gave the BBC ages ago and I had almost forgotten about it, and then today I had a very nice comment from Stuart Diamond on my entry from a few days ago. It reminded me that a few times in the past I have a had blood tests done, usually on a precheck prior to going into hospital, and they had suggested diabetes and referred me to my GP for a thorough check up. So I would go and have a check up, and no diabetes found. Not forgetting that I had an annual medical at work that included blood checks, I was supposedly diabetes free for many many years.
But now I wonder.

I wonder if my diabetes was 'waxing and waning' somehow.

I wonder if we need a better way of checking.

Anyway, I still eat healthy, I am still relatively sedentary, but do what I can. I have just built lean to and am now removing a huge old tree and preparing land for growing vegetables. I am not a couch potato, but it just takes me a lot longer to do things than many other people. I refuse to give into my arthritis and I refuse to give into my diabetes.

And people still label me as a glutton because I am diabetic. In response I mentally label them as ignorant. Perhaps I am just as bad as they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment