Tuesday

The BBC are running a story about a miracle berry (see here) Synsepalum dulcificum.

Interesting. I am reminded of the Lo Han Gua fruit which is used in China to sweeten food. This fruit, which I blogged about recently, has the attribute that it cannot be metabalysed by the human body. So diabetics, like me, and hypogylcaemics suffer no rise in blood sugar levels. It also apparently has other beneficial effects such as it can help relieve gastritis, constipation and respiratory inflammations, and they also appear to inhibit the Epstein-Barr virus and display anti-carcinogenic properties. (That is copied directly from my blog a couple of days ago, important enough that I felt it worth repeating)

My point here is that there are real substitutes to sugar that would massively improve the global health of the human species. Why on earth are we still pumping sugar, a known health hazard, into our food and thus into our body? Have you looked at the sugar content of simple every day foods like breakfast cereal? Some well known brands aimed at the dieting market have as much as 50% sugars - don't believe me? Look at the labels. Some, have none. Guess which ones I have for breakfast?

I am not interested in all the conspiracy theories in the BBC story, they are a real product of the sixties and seventies in my view, more in the fact that the internet has opened up the world to such a large extent that people like you and me can find out about these alternatives and explore them for ourselves.

Look at the food contents labels, avoid sugar and Live healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment