Tuesday

Play Station 3 - and how I won't now be buying one.
So Sony have decided to abandon the backward games capability that they promised for those of us in PAL land. So my library of Burnout, Need For Speed etc games which I still enjoy playing on my PS2, I will not be able to play on my PS3. I am not interested in committing to a bluray device, I am not convinced that more Bluray films are selling than HD format and so I am waiting before I go for one or the other as a film playing medium. A PS3 that played all my own games AND gave me next gen HiDef films is one thing, the films are a bonus, not a reason to buy a PS3.
So I have today ordered a Wii, less than £180, and no, it won't play my old games either, but now I will have over £300 spare to spend on new Wii games, so how cool is that? Bloody cool I reckon.
So, I abandoned Nintendo and went to Sonysome years ago, and now, well, the world goes full circle and I have ordered my new Wii games console, which will be just a games console, and soon, when the world has decided what HiDef format it wants, I will buy a drive and shove it in my VISTA PC and connect that to the TV. Perfect. Horses for courses and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment